I am delighted with the services I received! And you have such a fantastic team- each, and every detail was looked into, and my website came out looking fantastic!
Terrance E. Olivar
Setting up websites has been made so easy and quick with your services! And the numerous themes available – I was spoilt for choice! And the outcome was worth it – a simple, elegant website with an ever-increasing online presence!
Salvador L. Olden
Host Networks operates a fully diverse fiber network across Australia's east coast.
While the Internet is considered to be one of the most helpful tools known to man, there is always some bad that translates with the good.
Since the Internet is the biggest provider of information, entertainment and access to the world, there are many ways to misuse this powerful tool. It all starts with using it too much.
Using the Internet too much can be very bad for your health. If you think about your eyes, there is an effect caused by either a computer or a smartphone screen that could have a potential long-term effect on your sight. What’s more is, since people have become so consumed with using the internet in everything they do and now not being able to go without it, they also result towards living a sedentary lifestyle, which means they’ve stopped moving.
Putting that in the right context, people don’t move enough anymore. It causes them to be lazy, fail to eat healthily and also, stop being active. With that being said, it’s also considered to be one of the largest contributing factors to obesity, which is also one of the biggest contributing factors to an array of health risks and diseases. It has also been linked to causing depression and several anxiety disorders.
The Internet has made an entire generation lazy, and there’s just no other way to put it.
What’s Bad About the Internet?
• Cyberbullying – What causes somebody from the other side of the world to stay awake at 2 AM and type something means on Instagram, nobody will know, but it is one of the biggest causes of depression, anxiety and even suicide. It is especially true amongst teenagers who have a problem with confidence, especially in the U.S. The Internet has been described as a method to ruin the lives of young individuals.
• Depression and stress – One can always choose to avoid the bullies out there. Nevertheless, the Internet still causes a lot of stress, and because it allows for instant access to work, many people bring there work home with them, causing them to not only never be able to switch off, but also affect their families and social well-being in a negative manner. Since they’re never able to forget about work, they are also faced with constant stress.
• Health risks – Starting off with sleep deprivation, there are many health risks related to illnesses, due to affect the Internet has on our habits and lifestyle. Sleep deprivation is a major problem and can cause stress, a lack of patience, obesity and an unhealthy lifestyle overall. In fact, it can even eventually cause brain damage, due to the constant stress it presents us with. It can also cause one to be immobile and promote conditions such as tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome and many other conditions.
The Internet has been known to provide endless benefits and opportunities to society, business, as well as the global market overall. It not only provides you with infinite access to knowledge, regarding everything you can think of, but it is also considered to be one of the biggest sources of entertainment.
To say the Internet is only a positive platform, would be a crime on its own, but when you take a look at all the advantages and endless possibilities it provides you with, there is no other way to look at it then in that of a positive light.
The Internet can be described as an incredibly big information hub. It can provide a child in Africa with an education and a source of information that isn’t offered in developing countries experiencing poverty or a lack of resources.
If you think about being in a medical emergency situation, it can also provide you with the knowledge to perform immediate CPR, just by searching for it on Google.
Whether it’s learning something new or finding a map to your next destination, the internet has amplified everything we do on a daily basis and will continue to add to our lives each day.
Benefits of the Internet
• Information and learning – With an endless supply of information and saving you many trips to the library, Google is your best friend. Not only do search engines supply you with the option of acquiring information online, but it also teaches you far more than you could learn in a classroom. You can now even study online and for those who can’t afford it, even study for free. You can also study through video, such as with social platform like YouTube.
• Connecting and communicating – How society connected with one another before the Internet, nobody knows. You can now send a message to anywhere in the world and if you have a business, even connect with people from your business sector, offering you loads of opportunities to not only build your network but also expand your business at an incredibly large scale.
• A Business Buddy – Can you imagine an offline office? You won’t be able to get anything done, would you? That’s how incredible the Internet is. It can provide you with marketing opportunities, by implementing digital marketing and social media marketing, to reach a bigger scale of consumers and amplify your sales, as well as the success of your business. The Internet also allows for greater reliability, allowing for a greater form of trust between customers and clients.
• Access to the map of the world – With the Internet, you can find any place in the world. In fact, its maps will even take you there.
• Online banking, shopping, entrepreneurship and making money – Although there are many scams on the internet, there’s still a ton of ways to make money online. If the 21st century is the age of the internet, then 2018 is the year of the entrepreneur. It has become extremely easy to build and grow a business online.
What’s more is, the Internet also allows you to do online banking and shop online, which creates a whole new market for businesses to exceed. It also allows for greater convenience to the consumer, which is also beneficial to any business.
Since the Internet is used as a source of knowledge or preferably more described as a medium that is used to connect to people worldwide, it’s importance and worth is extremely valued.
The Internet has grown immensely over the last few decades and has gone from being a choice of information sources, to the leading information source in the world. It has also grown past being just a search engine and has expanded into the biggest entertainment provider, as well as business companion there is.
When it comes to business, you can’t go wrong with the Internet, as it allows you to share files and connect to people in a variety of applications, which wouldn’t’ve been possible without it. In fact, if the Internet didn’t exist, we’d probably still be stuck sending the traditional text messages and calling on a phone, rather than using a video call, typing for hours on What’s App or sending DM’s through Facebook or Instagram.
The world we know today would thus not be the same without it.
Uses for the Internet
The biggest source of communication – The Internet is used on a daily basis, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by people from everywhere you can think of. This is even true for communities living in rural areas, especially in Africa. Even though these areas do no have the money to purchase a phone or computer, there are usually a local library that allows them access to the world. There are also so many applications allowing for instant access to communicate with nearly anybody, anywhere.
The biggest source of information – Since the Internet was originally used to browse for research purposes, there are many dedicated search engines that allows for unlimited searches today. These include the very famous Google, Yahoo, Bing and even Wikipedia.
The possibility of social networking – Again, can you imagine a world where communication is limited to making a call or sending a text on your phone? It wouldn’t be possible today as nearly every business has some sort of relation outside of their own country or even in different states inside of there country. Social networking allows for more reliability and instant access to communicating with anybody.
The entertainment hub of the world – Let’s just admit that the Internet is the biggest source of everything. Thanks to YouTube and social media platforms, as well as the online gaming experience, the world has been lit up by the Internet itself. If you think about the ability it allows for watching movies online, as well as any song you could think of, the Internet is gold when it comes to entertainment.
The marketing experience – If you’ve got a start-up business, there is no way that you could ever grow or even exist if it wasn’t for digital marketing. Without it, every business would have to rely on their neighbourhood or small scaled city as their customer or client base, as they wouldn’t be able to reach them other then greeting them at the store. One of the biggest reasons why businesses are succeeding the way they do is thus due to the Internet.